The business traveller is an important and much sought after guest for hotels - but in which hotels does the business traveller prefer to stay? Do these business clients remain true to the hotel chains or do smaller, privately owned, hotels have a chance?
hotel.info, the international hotel reservation service with over 210,000 hotels worldwide, which offers its service free of charge, has recently undertaken a detailed survey of the booking patterns of its corporate customers all over the world during 2009. Based on the important premise of the price and service provided to the business traveller and the resultant preference of these travellers for hotels in the middle and up-market segments, the study has concentrated on 2, 3 and 4-star hotels. The ranking of the 10 most frequently booked hotels is based on the evaluations given by guests who have stayed in them.
Here is the list of the 2 to 4-star hotels in Great Britain most frequently booked by business travellers:
1. Hilton London Canary Wharf 4*, London, 8.9
2. Novotel London Paddington 4*, London, 8.5
3. Hilton London Tower Bridge 4*, London, 8.2
4. Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport 4*, London Stansted Airport, 8.2
5. Apartmenthotel 196 Bishopsgate 4*, London, 8.2
6. Ashburn Hotel 4*, London, 8.2
7. Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Shoreditch 4*, London, 8.1
8. Express by Holiday Inn Liverpool John Lennon Airport 2*, Liverpool, 8.1
9. Holiday Inn Kenilworth 3*, Kenilworth, 8.0
10. Mercure Holland House Hotel 4*, Bristol, 8.0
Please note: the ranking of the ten most frequently booked hotels is based on the evaluations awarded by guests who have stayed in them (best possible mark = 10.0).
By comparison here are the Top 15 2 to 4-star hotels booked by business travellers in Europe:
1. Hotel Schild 4*, Austria, Vienna, 8.7
2. AC Hotel Porto 4*, Portugal, Porto, 8.7
3. Airport-Hotel Budapest 4*, Hungary, Vecses, 8.4
4. Crowne Plaza Hotel Helsinki 4*, Finland, Helsinki, 8.4
5. Courtyyard by Marriot Colombes 4*,France, Colombes 8.3
6. RAMADA PLAZA Basel Hotel 4*, Switzerland, Basle, 8.3
7. Hilton London Tower Bridge 4*, Great Britain, London, 8.2
8. AC Hotel Zizur Mayor 4*, Spain, Zitur Mayor, Wiesbaden, 8.1
9. Hotel Jan Sobieski III 4*, Poland, Warsaw, 8.1
10. Le Boutique Hotel Moxa 4*, Romania, Bucharest, 8.1
11. Central Hotel Forum 4*, Bulgaria, Sofia, 8.1
12. Holiday Inn Stuttgart 4*, Germany, Stuttgart, 8.0
13. Hilton Milan hotel 4*, Italy, Milan, 8.0
14. Scandic Hotel Alvik 3*, Sweden, Stockholm, 8.0
15. Movenpick Hotel Prag 4*, Czech Republic, Prague, 8.0
Please note: the list is compiled on the basis of the most frequently booked business hotel in each of the major European countries. The best booked hotel in each country was placed in the ranking as a result of their total evaluations awarded (best possible mark = 10.0).