drivethetop10.com selecteerde de 10 mooiste autoroutes door het Noorden van de Rocky Mountains. De route loopt door vijf staten in het noordwesten van de USA(Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Washington and Oregon)
en twee provincies in het zuidwesten van Canada (British Columbia en Alberta).
- Beartooth All-American Road . Witness the rare transition of lush forest ecosystem to alpine tundra in just a few miles on the highest elevation road in the Northern Rockies, and access the northeast entrance to Yellowstone National Park.
- Circle the Continental Divide Driving Tour . Discover the best of the Wyoming Rocky Mountains – including national parks, museums, rodeos, pioneer trails, the Wind River Indian Reservation, stunning scenery, and wildlife.
- Hells Canyon All-American Road . Head to the Oregon Rockies to access the deepest canyon in North America – with extraordinary boating, wildlife viewing, geological wonders, and exhilarating outdoor adventure.
- Hot Springs Circle Tour . Witness the spectacular scenery, charming towns, and 6 hot springs of this drive through the Kootenay region of the British Columbia Rocky Mountains.
- International Selkirk Loop All-American Road . Travel the Selkirk Range of the British Columbia, Idaho, and Washington Rocky Mountains – offering stunning vistas, wildlife, year-round recreation, and colorful small towns.
- Montana Scenic Loop . Enjoy striking vistas of awe-inspiring mountains, placid trout streams, and abundant wildlife as they unfold along a nearly 400-mile loop of the US Rockies, from Glacier National Park around the Great Bear, Bob Marshall, and Scapegoat Wilderness Areas.
- Northwest Passage Scenic Byway . Explore the Idaho Rockies, including the land of the Nez Perce Indians, and trace the Lewis & Clark Expedition route across the Bitterroot Mountains and along the Wild and Scenic Clearwater and Lochsa rivers.
- Salmon River-Sawtooth Scenic Byways . Visit the homeland of Sacajawea – the only woman on the Lewis & Clark Expedition – and experience the majesty of the Idaho Rockies, including the Salmon River of No Return, Sawtooth Mountains, and world-class Sun Valley Resort.
- Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park Loop . Trace this stunning route through the Montana Rockies, formed by Waterton Lakes National Park in Alberta and Glacier National Park in Montana, which features breathtaking scenery and the popular Going-to-the-Sun Road.
- Yellowstone-Grand Teton Loop . Explore our nation’s first national park – nestled in the heart of the Wyoming Rocky Mountains – including geysers, historic lodges, wildlife, the peaks of the Grand Teton Mountains, and Jackson Hole.
- David Thompson Historic Route . Follow the route by which famous explorer David Thompson mapped out 1.5 million square miles of the US and Canadian Rockies in the late 1700s and early 1800s.
- Lewis & Clark National Historic Trail . Retrace the legendary Lewis & Clark Expedition of 1805 and 1806 through the Montana, Idaho, and Washington Rocky Mountains.
- Nez Perce National Historical Trail . Set out from the base of the Oregon Rockies, and follow in the footsteps of the 1,170-mile flight through Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana by 750 Nez Perce men, women, and children – led by Chief Joseph – before they surrendered to the U.S. Army in 1877, just south of the Canadian border.
- Oregon National Historic Trail . Re-map the rugged trail through southern Wyoming, Idaho, and Oregon that served as the main overland migration route between 1841 and 1869, used by settlers, ranchers, farmers, miners, and entrepreneurs journeying to the Pacific Northwest.