The World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) today announced the 12 finalists for the 2010 Tourism for Tomorrow Awards. Under WTTC's stewardship since 2003, the prestigious Awards recognise best practice in sustainable tourism in four different categories -
Destination Stewardship, Conservation, Community Benefit and Global Tourism Business. Over 160 entries were received this year from over 45 countries.
The 12 finalists were selected by an international team of independent judges in each of the four award categories for having successfully demonstrated sustainable tourism practices, including the protection of natural and cultural heritage, social and economic benefits to local people, and enironmentally friendly operations.
The 2010 Finalists are:
Destination Stewardship Award
- Botswana Tourism Board, Botswana - www.botswanatourism.co.bw
- Ministry of Tourism, Montenegro - www.montenegro.travel
- Mount Huangshan Scenic Site, China - www.chinahuangshan.gov.cn
- Emirates Hotels & Resorts, UAE - www.emirateshotelsresorts.com
- Inkaterra Perú SAC, Peru - www.inkaterra.com
- Singita Grumeti Reserves, Tanzania - www.singita.com
Community Benefit Award
- Namibia's Communal Conservancy Tourism Sector / NACSO, Namibia - www.nacso.org.na
- Tourindia, India - www.tourindiakerala.com
- Whale Watch Kaikoura Ltd, New Zealand - www.whalewatch.co.nz
Global Tourism Business Award